Southern Life Care, Albion Park
Southern Life Care is situated in the heart of Albion Park, opposite the Court House and is actively supporting its local community through a variety of programs including:
- Tongarra Tukka – this is our free, weekly community meal in Albion Park. Called Tongarra Tukka, it’s a place for everyone to share a conversation over good food. Come along at 5.30pm on Thursdays during school term. For more information, or a lift call Jeannie
- It’s Music Time – It’s Music Time playgroup is a relaxed friendly environment where young children, babies, parents, grandparents and carers can come together, building relationships through play. Each week there will be a combination of playtime (structured and unstructured), story time, craft and movement and music based activities. Morning tea will also be provided.
- KICS – is a sports program for primary to high school aged kids in Calderwood. It is a great way to keep your kids active, through participation in a range of ball-based games and activities. Including basketball, AFL, soccer and generic sports skills. If you are interested in joining us, feel free to meet us on: FRIDAYS @ 3:15 – 5pm
- Living Creatively – Each Monday morning and night, people from the local community come and explore relationship with one another and God through different forms of art. This innovative approach to spirituality includes guided direction, space to sense what is happening within themselves as well as what God might be saying, creative expression, and sharing with others.
- New Steps – this is a support group for those who are separated, divorced or single again. As people transition through this time that may ask – how can I cope? What do I do? Is this normal? New Steps is a safe place where you can be yourself, be accepted and be heard. People will listen and gently encourage you to grow through your pain. New Steps meets on Monday evenings
- Community library – this is a way to connect with people in the community over books and the sharing of the love for books. Many people use the facility.