Fresh Hope Engage
FRESH HOPE ENGAGE
Support initiatives that provide care across NSW and the ACT and raise funds for the direct relief of poverty, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness in the community.
Recent heavy rains across NSW have caused severe flooding in a number of areas of NSW. Fresh Hope Engage is well placed to immediately support affected people in this area through its contacts on the ground in local churches.Donate
Raising funds for the direct relief of poverty, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness in the community.Donate
Super Sundays in an initiative of Kingsford Church of Christ providing a safe, fun environment for children and their families, who are often marginalised, disadvantaged or at risk, to be connected and supported.Donate
Buddying support and mentoring for children at risk attending Southern Cross Kids Camps, providing opportunities to experience a safe, fun and supported environment.Donate
Missionheart holds its informal church service called ‘the Gathering’ in a local park to be accessible to people who are homeless. Each week they provide 200 meals and run a drop-in centre.Donate
The Tweed region is still recovering from the devastating 2017 floods and around 2,000 people are surviving in sand dunes near the river or in local caravan parks.Donate
Provides a safe space, love and care for 250 people per year (10,000 safe nights) in Sutherland shire for women, children and men who have suffered abuse, domestic violence or are homeless.Donate
NationsHeart operates a food hut providing donated food to people in need or on a limited income as well as offering a weekly community meal.Donate
Southern Life Care exists to bring life through relationships formed through projects such as Homework Hub, Wednesday Drop-ins, POETS, Living Creatively, and Craft Madness.Donate
A vital part of the community, The River Community Church provides a place of solitude and security to many people in the community.Donate
“The Hub” is a project of Campbelltown Church of Christ aimed to provide community support services to socially and financially disadvantaged people in the area.Donate
WorldChangers is the implementation of a vision for social and spiritual fairness, aiming to develop partnerships with indigenous leaders in Australia and Asia to change the world.Donate
Thrive is a non-profit community hub that exists to support the community of Londonderry by providing a range of community services, resources and support.Donate
Telopea Shed is a community shed program for men and women, that teaches basic skills and provides a link to other services provided by Hope Connect Inc.Donate
As part of its commitment to serve the local community, Kingsford Community Church offers a free meal for anyone in need in the community as well providing food parcels at low cost.Donate
In partnership with local churches, The TOPS campsite offers Southern Cross Kids' Camps dedicated to helping children who have been subjected to abuse, neglect or domestic violence.Donate
The Restore, is a shop in Seven Hills provide recycled clothing, food parcels as well as being a café providing a safe meeting place and connection point in the community.Donate
Picking up the Pieces is the welfare/outreach arm of Penrith Church of Christ providing emergency relief, meals on wheels, emergency food hampers, Christmas lunch for people in need.Donate
Lifegate Care aims to see our community find freedom and purpose in their lives and this is achieved through various projects providing meals, clothing, necessities, counselling and support.Donate
A men’s shed program on the grounds of the ICentral316 church community, providing a safe place for men to work on projects and enjoy wholesome company and support.Donate
Jacaranda Cottage is a refuge for young women aged 16-24 years who are homeless or at risk. The young women come from background of family breakdown, poverty, domestic violence, abuse or neglect.Donate
Hope Connect Inc provides a variety of community welfare services including intensive family support, emergency reliefy, no interest loans, etc to disadvantaged and marginalised people in the surrounding area of Telopea.Donate
The Crisis Centre provides short-term accommodation (up to 3 months) to assist women and children who were at serious risk as a result of domestic violence or homelessness.Donate
BASIC Church in Parramatta operates “The Table Project” providing food for the homeless and those at risk, and the “Dad’s Cooperative Project”, supporting new fathers.Donate
The Stepping Stone program provides meals, shower facilities, washing facilities, computer facilities and support to friends who are transient or doing it rough.Donate
Southern Cross Kids Club is a monthly children’s club run by ICentral3:16 for past campers of Southern Cross Kids Camps. Once a month, 20 plus underprivileged kids of primary school age come together for a great time!Donate
Fresh Hope Engage provides chaplaincy services to Emu Plains Female Correctional Facility and the Mary Wade Female Correctional Facility. The women here have many needs and our chaplains coordinate clothing, study materials and other resources to provide for their needs.Donate
Common Groundz Community Café, based in Lalor Park, provides a safe place for residents to ﬁnd a listening ear or practical assistance, while building social cohesion. The café works to form strategic partnerships with local programs and agencies involved in community development around Lalor Park and the Blacktown LGA.Donate
What is Fresh Hope Engage about?
We draw inspiration from many passages of Scripture including the life of Jesus. Jesus engaged with people, meeting both their physical and spiritual needs.
Jesus is concerned with the wellbeing of the whole person. For example, in Luke 5 Jesus healed (physical) the paralyzed man but firstly forgave his sins (spiritual). Many of the people Jesus healed were in desperate need suffering from hunger, homelessness, poverty, disabilities, etc.
We seek to help churches engage with people in need in their own local communities to provide care for the physical needs of the community as well as their spiritual needs.
- Help services that care for the person’s physical needs such as Foodbanks, community meals, opportunity shops, counselling, crisis centres, men’s sheds, etc.
- Give support and training in pastoral care for church members so they can also meet the spiritual needs of people.
What We Do
- Operates as a charity and coordinates all fundraising and donations for “Church of Christ Community Care” as a public benevolent institution (PBI) and Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- Auspices government funding (both Federal and State)
- Auspices local council and community grant funding
- Fundraises through appeals, campaigns and events
To explore how we may be able to assist you with fundraising please contact us.
- Helps Fresh Hope communities with grants for the start-up of new projects that fit within the approved Deductible Gift Recipient activities of Fresh Hope Engage
- Gives you accountability framework for grants and donations
- Helps you with the evaluation of your projects
- Gives training for your members and volunteers
- Speak at your churches or small groups on mission and community-based missional activities
To explore how we may be able to assist you with a church project please contact us.
- Employs and places chaplains in Fresh Hope Care, prisons, hospitals, schools and the Disaster Recovery network.
- Facilitates chaplaincy network and retreats
- Gives pastoral care training for your churches and volunteers
To explore how we may be able to assist you with chaplaincy needs please contact us.
Networks & Resources
- Directs Fresh Hope communities to best practice and network contacts in specific areas of ministry
- Partners with Fresh Hope Housing to provide affordable housing and crisis accommodation
- Partners with other Fresh Hope Agencies to facilitate training (Fresh Hope Education), projects (Fresh Hope Venues) and chaplaincy (Fresh Hope Care)
- Supports your volunteers involved in Fresh Hope Engage projects in applying for Police checks and WWCC for volunteers and provides other administrative support
To explore how we may be able to assist you with networking or resourcing needs please please contact us.
Ways you can get involved
To partner with Fresh Hope Engage, contact the team on 02 8573 6000 to learn what a partnership entails for your local church.